Why is Power Bi Used For ?
Before learning about the uses of Power Bi , We must learn about what is PowerBi .
What is Microsoft Power BI?
Microsoft Power BI is a business intelligence (BI) platform that provides nontechnical business users with tools for aggregating, analyzing, visualizing and sharing data. Power BI’s user interface is fairly intuitive for users familiar with Excel, and its deep integration with other Microsoft products makes it a versatile self-service tool that requires little upfront training.
Common uses of Power BI
Microsoft Power BI is used to find insights within an organization’s data. Power BI can help connect disparate data sets, transform and clean the data into a data model and create charts or graphs to provide visuals of the data. All of this can be shared with other Power BI users within the organization.
The data models created from Power BI can be used in several ways for organizations, including the following:
- telling stories through charts and data visualizations;
- examining “what if” scenarios within the data; and
- creating reports that can answer questions in real time and help with forecasting to make sure departments meet business metrics.
Power BI can also provide executive dashboards for administrators or managers, giving management more insight into how departments are doing.
Who uses Power BI?
Though Power BI is a self-service BI tool that brings data analytics to employees, it’s mostly used by data analysts and BI professionals who create the data models before disseminating reports throughout the organization. However, those without an analytical background can still navigate Power BI and create reports.
Microsoft Power BI is used by both department reps and management, with reports and forecasts created to aid sales and marketing reps, while also providing data for management on how the department or individual employees are progressing toward their goals.
Key features of Power BI
Microsoft has added a number of data analytics features to Power BI since its inception, and continues to do so. Some of the most important features are the following:
- Artificial intelligence. Users can access image recognition and text analytics in Power BI, create machine learning models using automated ML capabilities and integrate with Azure Machine Learning.
- Hybrid deployment support. This feature provides built-in connectors that allow Power BI tools to connect with a number of different data sources from Microsoft, Salesforce and other vendors.
- Quick Insights. This feature allows users to create subsets of data and automatically apply analytics to that information.
- Common data model support. Power BI’s support for the common data model allows the use of a standardized and extensible collection of data schemas (entities, attributes and relationships).
- Cortana integration. This feature, which is especially popular on mobile devices, allows users to verbally query data using natural language and access results using Cortana, Microsoft’s digital assistant.
- Customization. This feature allows developers to change the appearance of default visualization and reporting tools and import new tools into the platform.
- APIs for integration. This feature provides developers with sample code and application program interfaces (APIs) for embedding the Power BI dashboard in other software products.
- Self-service data prep. Using Power Query, business analysts can ingest, transform, integrate and enrich big data into the Power BI web service. Ingested data can be shared across multiple Power BI models, reports and dashboards.
Modeling view. This allows users to divide complex data models by subject area into separate diagrams, multiselect objects and set common properties, view and modify properties in the properties pane, and set display folders for simpler consumption of complex data models.
- Python Course
- Machine Learning Course
- Data Science Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- Python Training in Noida
- ML Training in Noida
- DS Training in Noida
- Digital Marketing Training in Noida
- Winter Training
- DS Training in Bangalore
- DS Training in Hyderabad
- DS Training in Pune
- DS Training in Chandigarh/Mohali
- Python Training in Chandigarh/Mohali
- DS Certification Course
- DS Training in Lucknow
- Machine Learning Certification Course
- Data Science Training Institute in Noida
- Business Analyst Certification Course
- DS Training in USA
- Python Certification Course
- Digital Marketing Training in Bangalore
- Internship Training in Noida
- ONLEI Technologies India
- Python Certification
- Best Data Science Course Training in Indore
- Best Data Science Course Training in Vijayawada
- Best Data Science Course Training in Chennai
- ONLEI Group