What Coding Language Should I Learn First?
Picking the right programming language when you are just starting is not easy. You need to understand what sets each coding language apart. And most importantly, you must see what will help your career flourish. The first coding language you learn is your first exposure to the world of IT and programming. It has the power to help you fall in or out of love with the entire space!
Is it Possible to Choose the Wrong Programming Language First?
Yes! Most often people choose a programming language based on their nascent understanding. Friends, colleagues, word-of-mouth, advertisements, pop culture, budget, influencers, and a whole lot of other factors can impact the choice you make. But remember, if you pick a programming language that is too easy, you might not learn enough concepts and won’t be useful in the long run. But if you pick something that is extremely challenging, you might not perform well and this might lead to disinterest! Finding that sweet spot is vital. But how do you get started? The internet has way too much information. And so do the people around you. But, Emeritus is here to help you make an informed decision.
The Most Common Coding Languages
Benefits of Learning Python
Python is one of the most chosen programming languages to learn first for its wide use and simplicity. It is a great stepping stone to learning more complex programming languages and frameworks!
Here are the benefits of learning python:
- Across industries, developers rely on Python for automation, big data, and data mining. It is ideal for general-purpose applications.
- It is used to develop prototypes. Python is simple, easy to read and work with, and most importantly very versatile.
- Python is ideally suited for large development projects, first-time developers, and multi-programmers.
Benefits of Learning Java
There are four main reasons for Java’s growing popularity: Robustness, ease of use, cross-platform capabilities, and security features. Here are the biggest benefits of learning Java:
- It is object-oriented and allows users to create modular programs with its reusable code
- Moving from one computer to another is easy because Java is not platform-dependent. It is not only independent at source but also at binary levels.
- Java is one of the easiest programming languages to write, compile, debug, and learn.
The biggest concern that most developers have is the number of languages they need to learn. One for frontend, one for backend, one for mobile apps, and a whole other one for game development. Needless to say, it is extremely difficult and time-consuming.
What Coding Language Should I Learn?
We have to consider multiple factors before concluding on one answer. You need to first analyze your requirement, why are you trying to learn a programming language, and what you wish to achieve. Once that is clear you can begin to learn about all coding languages or consider starting with one of the more popular languages below.
- If you are a beginner and looking for something easy and widely used: Python
- Looking for a strong foundation to make you a master developer in the future: C, C++, C#
- Are you looking for a developer job or want to make mobile applications using a robust language: Java
- Are you programming for your startup’s website and looking for a reliable programming language that has consistent processes: Ruby
Companies are looking for empathetic developers who have a good understanding of consumer needs. User-experience-led software design is critical now more than ever. Companies are redesigning customer-facing products and services.
- Python Course
- Machine Learning Course
- Data Science Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- Python Training in Noida
- ML Training in Noida
- DS Training in Noida
- Digital Marketing Training in Noida
- Winter Training
- DS Training in Bangalore
- DS Training in Hyderabad
- DS Training in Pune
- DS Training in Chandigarh/Mohali
- Python Training in Chandigarh/Mohali
- DS Certification Course
- DS Training in Lucknow
- Machine Learning Certification Course
- Data Science Training Institute in Noida
- Business Analyst Certification Course
- DS Training in USA
- Python Certification Course
- Digital Marketing Training in Bangalore
- Internship Training in Noida
- ONLEI Technologies India
- Python Certification
- Best Data Science Course Training in Indore
- Best Data Science Course Training in Vijayawada
- Best Data Science Course Training in Chennai
- ONLEI Group
- Data Science Certification Course Training in Dubai , UAE
- Data Science Course Training in Mumbai Maharashtra
- Data Science Training in Mathura Vrindavan Barsana
- Data Science Certification Course Training in Hathras
- Best Data Science Training in Coimbatore
- Best Data Science Course Training in Jaipur
- Best Data Science Course Training in Raipur Chhattisgarh
- Best Data Science Course Training in Patna
- Best Data Science Course Training in Kolkata
- Best Data Science Course Training in Delhi NCR
- Best Data Science Course Training in Prayagraj Allahabad
- Best Data Science Course Training in Dehradun
- Best Data Science Course Training in Ranchi